Monday, February 2, 2015

#salestaxhurts

How many people do you think work for Target in the area of sales tax implementation?  I don’t know either, but I’d imagine it’s quite a few.  I recently read of an error that Target made in Richland County (South Carolina) in the addition of a 1% tax that didn’t apply to sales at all, but to transportation.  Some shoppers noticed that their taxes were too high on the receipts, by only 1%, but too high nonetheless.  The SC Department of Revenue worked with Target to fix the problem, and all was well.

How many people do you have helping you with sales tax?  Is it less people than Target has?  I bet it is.  If Target can mess it up, do you think you can?  I bet you can.  Do you think it would be helpful to have someone walk you through the pitfalls?  Yeah, I bet you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment